Career Day Information for Employers
UF CVM Career Day
Save the date – Career Day 2018 – Thursday, October 11, 2018
The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine Annual Career Day is hosted in collaboration with the UF VBMA. We are excited to welcome practitioners, employers, practice managers, and veterinary professionals to our campus for Career Day every year. Career Day is broken down into two separate portions. The first part of the day is for individually scheduled mock interviews and resume reviews primarily for our fourth year students and our professional volunteers (employers, practitioners, etc.). The afternoon portion of Career Day is our Career Fair, which allows all of our guests to represent their organization to our UF CVM students of all years. The UF CVM Career Fair is a great opportunity to recruit DVM students for all part-time, internships, externships, full-time, residency, and seasonal opportunities. Any employers interested in hiring or hosting externs are encouraged to register to attend this event at no cost. UF CVM students of all years are encouraged to attend this event.
Thank you to our sponsors – you make UF CVM Career Day possible!
- See your organization’s name here!
- Interested in sponsoring? Email KJerles@ufsa.ufl.edu
The registration deadline to assist with mock interviews and resume reviews is Friday, September 14, 2017. Registrations do not indicate you are guaranteed a spot, volunteers will be selected based on student interest and area of practice. Organizations interested in attending the Career Fair portion of the day (3pm-5:30pm) are encouraged to register up until the day of the event through the registration form. If you have any questions please email KJerles@ufsa.ufl.edu
The Day Of
- Set up and registration for the Career Fair begins at 2:30pm, the fair begins at 3pm and lasts until 5:30pm
- Final Career Day Schedule and student course schedules for the week will be posted soon
- Career Day Parking Instructions – One parking spot is reserved for each organization registration. If you need more parking spots please email KJerles@ufsa.ufl.edu
Post Career Day Events
- Requesting an Interview Space – If you are interested in hosting campus interviews the day after Career Day on campus, you have the option to reserve rooms following Career Day. Instructions on how to request an Interview Space are coming soon!
- Interested in hosting your own recruiting event at UF CVM? Contact Katelyn Jerles
Contact Katelyn Jerles (KJerles@ufsa.ufl.edu) or 352-294-8504 with any questions regarding UF CVM Career Day.