Career Day Information for Employers
UF CVM Career Day
Thursday, October 11, 2018
**WEATHER UPDATE 10/10/18: The University of Florida has not closed as of Wednesday at 7am, if the University of Florida is open for Thursday 10/11/18 we will plan to host Career Day and abide by the University opening/closing for the day/times. You can find the most up-to-date information on UF’s actions regarding Hurricane Michael here, We are currently observing the development of the hurricane closely and will be communicating any updates regarding Career Day on this website and the Facebook Event Page.
The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine Annual Career Day is hosted in collaboration with the UF VBMA. We are excited to welcome practitioners, employers, practice managers, and veterinary professionals to our campus for Career Day every year. Career Day is broken down into two separate portions. The first part of the day is for individually scheduled mock interviews and resume reviews primarily for our fourth year students and our professional volunteers (employers, practitioners, etc.). The afternoon portion of Career Day is our Career Fair, which allows all of our guests to represent their organization to our UF CVM students of all years. The UF CVM Career Fair is a great opportunity to recruit DVM students for all part-time, internships, externships, full-time, residency, and seasonal opportunities. Any employers interested in hiring or hosting externs are encouraged to register to attend this event at no cost. UF CVM students of all years are encouraged to attend this event.
Thank you to our sponsors – you make UF CVM Career Day possible!
- THRIVE Affordable Veterinary Care – Lunch Sponsor
- BluePearl Veterinary Partners – Breakfast Sponsor
- Pet Doctors of America – Career Fair General Sponsor
- Sanlando Springs Animal Hospital
- American Veterinary Group
- MuraBella Animal Hospital
- Southern Veterinary Partners
Interested in sponsoring? Email Jerles@ufl.edu
The Day Of
- Set up and registration for the Career Fair begins at 2:00pm, the fair begins at 3pm and lasts until 5:30pm.
- There is an optional employer tour of the UF Small Animal and Large Animal Hospitals from 2:15pm-2:45pm.
- Check out the UF CVM Career Day Schedule 2018
- Career Day Parking Instructions – One parking spot is reserved for each organization registration. All registrants will receive parking information as the event nears.
Post Career Day Events
- Requesting an Interview Space – If you are interested in hosting campus interviews the day after Career Day on campus, you have the option to reserve rooms following Career Day. Complete this form to request an interview space.
- Interested in hosting your own recruiting event at UF CVM? Contact Katelyn Jerles
Contact Katelyn Jerles (Jerles@ufl.edu) or 352-294-8504 with any questions regarding UF CVM Career Day.