Amended from The McKnight Brain Institute
Be Polite Use common sense in your interactions. Remember that you are representing the University of Florida CVM as well as yourself.
Be Mindful Use care to ensure the information you share protects both you, clients and our college.
Be Honest Use your authentic voice and be transparent about who your are.
Personal & Professional Usage
- A positive digital footprint can improve your reputation
- Avoid negative interactions and engaging with controversial users
- Present yourself visually with professional pictures
- A public account can be viewed by many people: your friends, peers, potential donors, potential patients. Be cognizant of what you’re sharing and aware of potential screenshots.
- Protected health information should never be discussed
- Even a deleted tweet can be captured by a Twitter user; be sure to review your posts before hitting “share”
- Consider keeping public and private personas separate
- We encourage you to write a disclaimer stating, “Views are my own”.
- Students are prohibited from disseminating any type of patient-related or client related information to any individual(s) outside the UFVH
- Examples of restricted information include, but are not limited to, patient images or videos, patient records, information from or about referring veterinarians, pic
- tures of animals in surgery/anatomy/teaching labs, and similar protected information
- To learn more about boundaries and guidelines, read more in the student handbook