The UF College of Veterinary Medicine’s facilities are second to none in the nation. From our academic building, with its new state-of-the-art clinical skills laboratory, to the expansive UF Veterinary Hospitals, we offer an environment conducive to optimal teaching and learning. Our annual college Open House is a great way to get a feel for what we offer here at UF, but serious applicants are encouraged to meet with us in person at one of our scheduled advisory sessions. These sessions offer tours as well as valuable information about the application and admissions process.
If you have middle or high school students, we invite you to attend our annual Open House in April of each year. This event is the ideal opportunity for prospective students of all ages to visit the facilities, tour our hospitals, meet students and faculty, and view live demonstrations. Open House is friendly for all ages and free to attend – no reservations required!
We offer monthly pre-veterinary advising sessions and tours for prospective students. These opportunities are targeted toward adult prospective students planning to apply in upcoming cycles. The visit includes an overview of the application and admissions process followed by a student-led tour of our facilities. Due to our student’s schedule and working hospital, we are unable to provide tours outside of these dates. Please see tour information at the bottom of this page!
Prospective veterinary students in the middle-to-high-school age bracket often have specific questions we've addressed here in these videos.
Our state-of-the-art facilities are amazing to see in person, but we've put together a few videos to give you a glimpse of what our space feels like.
Additional virtual tours
- For safety purposes, children under 12 are not permitted in the hospitals. Please plan accordingly.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes for the tour to adhere to the infection control guidelines when entering and exiting certain buildings.
- We welcome you to take photos in front of our buildings, but please keep all photography devices stowed during the tour. Photography is not permitted inside the hospital.
- All tours and information sessions are subject to availability and limited in size. After completing a request form, we will send a follow-up email to confirm the date and details of your tour.
- We post each month’s tour, one month prior to the tour date.
- Tours will be given the third Friday of every month and attendees must be registered using the form below. April’s tours will take place during Open House on April 18th. No tours are provided in August or December.
Your tour has not yet been booked. This form is a request. You will receive an email to confirm the details of your visit. Should there be space available, monthly sessions begin at 3 p.m. Thank you!