Determine your eligibility and readiness to apply.
Designed with helpful resources for future applicants pursuing an undergraduate degree.
Review our most frequently asked questions as you gear up to apply.
Visit our timeline to mark your calendar for key dates in the admissions cycle.
Submit your VMCAS application by the deadline and monitor your application status.
Submit your UF Professional Application (supplemental) by the deadline and monitor your application status.
Apply to VMCAS
VMCAS is a centralized application service that students must use to apply to the UF College of Veterinary Medicine and many other veterinary schools nationwide. There is a required base application fee of $220. Any additional school is $120. The application system allows all applicants to submit supplemental materials and additional information directly to VMCAS:
- Every Official College Transcript (including dual enrollment institutions)
- Essay Questions
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Prerequisite Inventory Form
- Professional, Passport-style Photograph of Yourself (.jpg or .png)
VMCAS Fee Waiver Program
Financially-disadvantaged applicants may qualify for the VMCAS fee waiver starting in May; when applicants are able to apply to schools. This opportunity is subject to availability and issued on a first come, first serve basis. Visit the AAVMC website to learn more.
Apply to UF College of Veterinary Medicine
- Be sure to complete the UF Professional Application by the deadline
- Be sure to pay your $30.00 nonrefundable application fee
- If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
Note: All materials should be submitted to VMCAS; please do not send any materials to the College of Veterinary Medicine.
DVM Transfer Students
Applicants who currently attend an AVMA accredited veterinary program interested in transferring to our program; should contact the Associate Director of Admissions, Lynnette Chaparro for more information.