Coating Ceremony: Class of 2017
Class of 2017 White Coat Ceremony
Friday, May 8, 2015
Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
315 Hull Road, Gainesville, FL 32610
The Professional Coating Ceremony marks the end of our sophomore students’ didactic classroom training and the beginning of their hospital clerkship rotations. It is a time our students embrace with great anticipation as they begin their clinical training with clinicians, clients, and patients.
A great deal of personal accomplishment and pride is associated with our students reaching this phase of their professional education. In order to recognize their achievements, the college presents a “white clinic lab coat” to each sophomore student embroidered with his or her name and class year. The presentation of the coats symbolizes the college’s affirmation that these students are qualified to begin the clinical phase of their education.
For the convenience of visiting families celebrating our Class of 2017 White Coat Ceremony, the following hotel blocks have been established:
- UF Hilton, Single/Double Rooms, $142/night, please contact Javier Garrido; email@example.com; 352-384-3455
- Paramount Plaza, Queen/King Rooms, $82/night, please contact Mark McClain; firstname.lastname@example.org; 352-377-4000
- Homewood Suites, Queen Studio Rooms, $115/night, please contact Holly Anderson-Bender; email@example.com, 352-225-4762
- The Lodge of Gainesville, Queen/King Rooms, $89/night, please contact Matthew Bendzick; firstname.lastname@example.org, 352-375-2400
A Special Thanks to Our Sponsors:
Coater Form for Members of the Class of 2017
Please complete the form below to indicate who you would like to serve as your coater during the White Coat ceremony. Stipulations for your coater are as follows:
- A veterinarian (e.g. family member, mentor) or
- Faculty advisor or
- Member of UF CVM Faculty (including PhD)
This form must be completed by Monday, March 9th, 2015.