Career Day Information for Students
UF CVM Career Fair & Networking Event
September 14, 2017
9:30am – 6pm
Banfield Room, UF Small Animal Hospital
The UF CVM Career Fair and Networking Event is a great opportunity to recruit DVM students for all part-time, internships, externships, full-time, residency, and seasonal opportunities. Any employers interested in hiring or hosting externs are encouraged to register to attend this event at no cost. UF CVM students of all years are encouraged to attend this event.
- Students of all years are encouraged to attend the UF CVM Career Day. This is an annual college event primarily geared toward fourth year students but open to students of all years. The day begins at 9:30am with individual resume reviews and mock interviews with employers, practitioners, and veterinary industry professionals. Schedule you appointment times and register for the day once sign-ups are live.
- Current Registered Organizations Include:
- Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital, Kelly Vernon & Amy Dacey
- Vetco Clinics, Molly McAndrew
- Lap of Love, Trent Cate & Brie Oliver
- Brick City Cat Hospital, Jennifer Salpeter, DVM
- San Francis Veterinary Hospital, Dr. Carlos Campos
- Animal League Wellness, Claudia Simpson
- Pet Paradise, Jaime Pickett & Richard Gibaja
- Village Square Veterinary Clinic, Dr. Cherry Douglas
- National Veterinary Associates, Laura Rust
- Banfield, Dr. Heather Zaretsky
- Elanco, Dr. Lynda Green
- Key Veterinary Care, Dr. Jessica Fusch
- Pet Well Partners, Tyler Foreman
- Chickasaw Trail Animal Hospital, Dr. Anne Scholl
- Animal Specialty Hospital of Florida, Reagan Terry, Jennafer Snyder, & Gail Difini
- Keith Powell, DVM
- MuraBella Animal Hospital, Ryan Meyer
- Veterinary Emergency Clinic of Central Florida, Heidi Koivu, Liz Swope, Patricia Reynolds, Pam Juhl, Andrew Vidot, & Raphael Rodriguez
- Mobile Vet to Pet Veterinary House Call Service, Dr. Joell Sheahan & Brian Sheahan
Before Career Day
- Review UF CVM Career Resources and schedule an appointment with your Career Counselor to craft and/or review your resume, CV, and other application materials.
- Get your resume reviewed during Career Day Drop-In times.
- Research the employers attending and learn about their organizations and positions. See who’s planning on attending above.
- Perfect your handshakes and elevator pitches for employers.
- Plan your outfit and print off multiple copies of your resume/CV.
- Attend the NVA Info & Prep Session before Career Day on Wednesday 9/13/17 at 5pm in the New Auditorium.
- Write down SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time sensitive) goals for the day. Examples include – ‘Connect with 5 potential employers in your area of interest’ or ‘Practice Elevator pitch 10 times to various employers’.
The Day Of
- Dress professionally and arrive early for the day, turn off your cell phone and focus your attention on your goals for the day.
- Student Schedule – UF CVM Career Day 2017- One-on-one Mock Interview and Resume Reviews are available throughout the morning and early afternoon on a sign-up basis followed by a Lunch Panel on Benefits and wrapping up with a Career Fair/Networking Event from 2:30pm-6pm.
- Parking – parking is reserved for our campus guests and will not be reserved for students.
After Career Day
- Follow up with your contacts you met (through business cards) regarding your conversations.
- Send thank you notes to anyone organization that interviewed you.
- Follow up with your Career Counselor and utilize our UF CVM Career Resources regarding next steps by scheduling an appointment through Gator CareerLink.