Career Day Information for Employers
UF CVM Career Fair
Career Day has passed for 2017, thanks to all who attended. We look forward to hosting you next year, this website will be updated once we have information for the coming year’s Career Day!
Rescheduled to Wednesday, November 8 2017
2:30pm – 6pm
Banfield Room A, UF Small Animal Hospital
The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine Annual Career Day is hosted in collaboration with UF VBMA. We are excited to be able to welcome practitioners, employers, practice managers, and veterinary professionals to our campus for Career Day every year. Our Career Fair will allow all of our guests to represent their organization to our UF CVM students of all years during a career fair style session. The UF CVM Career Fair and Networking Event is a great opportunity to recruit DVM students for all part-time, internships, externships, full-time, residency, and seasonal opportunities. Any employers interested in hiring or hosting externs are encouraged to register to attend this event at no cost. UF CVM students of all years are encouraged to attend this event.
Thank you to our sponsors – you make UF CVM Career Day possible!
- VCA Animal Hospitals
- Capital Veterinary Specialists
- Veterinary Emergency Clinic of Central Florida
- Chickasaw Trail Animal Hospital
- Lap of Love
The registration deadline to assist with mock interviews and resume reviews is Friday, October 13 2017 and will guarantee inclusion in the event-day publications. Organizations interested in attending the Career Fair portion of the day (2:30pm-6pm) are encouraged to register up until the day of the event through the form. If you have any questions please email KatelynJ@crc.ufl.edu
The Day Of
- Set up and registration begins at 2pm in Banfield Room A of Small Animal Hospital, Career Fair & Networking begins at 2:30pm and lasts until 6pm.
- Final Career Day Schedule and student course schedules for the week
- Career Day Parking Instructions – Parking spots are reserved for each registration and are monitored until 3pm the day of the event. One parking space is reserved per registration form completed.
Post Career Day Events
- Requesting an Interview Space – If you are interested in hosting campus interviews the day after Career Day on campus, you have the option to reserve rooms following Career Day. Instructions on how to Requesting an Interview Space can be found here
- Interested in hosting your own recruiting event at UF CVM? Contact Katelyn Jerles
Contact Katelyn Jerles (KatelynJ@crc.ufl.edu) or 352-294-8504 with any questions regarding UF CVM Career Day.