Commencement: Class of 2018
The BIG day for the Class of 2018 is Saturday May 26, 2018 at 1:45 pm in the Phillips Center for Performing Arts. This is the day where all your hard work pays off. Refer to the links on the left for more information.
General Commencement Information:
All DVM candidates who plan to participate in the commencement ceremony are required to wear a University-approved cap and gown, which can be reserved from the University Bookstore by the deadline provided. DVM candidates will also wear hoods which will be delivered by the bookstore directly to the Veterinary School. They will be at the Phillips Center the day of the ceremony so that candidates can be hooded when they cross the stage.
Ordering and Picking Up Regalia
Regalia must be ordered through the UF Bookstore. When ordering you must provide height and weight. Make sure your order is submitted by the deadline to guarantee on time delivery. The Bookstore requires that you present your Gator1ID card when you pick up your order. Someone else can collect your regalia if he/she provides your Gator1 card.
Honor/ Certificate Cords
At this time the College of Veterinary Medicine is underwriting the purchase of all cords. Honor cords will be distributed during Graduation Rehearsal. Certificate Cords will be given to students during the hooding ceremony at graduation.
A complimentary tassel will be provided with your cap and gown. Instructions on the placement of the tassel will be given to you during rehearsal.
Academic regalia must be returned to the University Bookstore representative after the Commencement Ceremony. The rep will be ready to collect regalia at the Black Box of the Phillips Center. Failure to return regalia results in a late fee.
Color photographs of the graduates will be available from University Photography. Graduation proofs are usually mailed from the vendor within 7-10 days of graduation. There is no obligation to purchase these photos. Family pictures with the graduate in full academic regalia are generally taken before the ceremony.
Diplomas will be given to graduates during the commencement ceremony as long as there are no academic or financial holds on the graduate’s record. If there is hold, the diploma will be mailed to the graduate’s mailing address. You are responsible for correcting and updating your mailing address with the University of Florida.
- Doors of the Phillips Center will open for guests at 1:00pm. Guests may wait in the lobby area until seating begins.
- Guests without a ticket will not be allowed in the theater. Handicapped accessible or Special Seating is available. For those requiring special accommodations please arrive early and contact an usher for assistance.
- Graduates should arrive at 1:00pm and meet in the Black Box.
- Student Processional will begin at 1:45PM. Guests will not be allowed to enter the theater while the processional takes place. Faculty processional is scheduled to start at 1:55PM. Ceremony begins at 2:00pm.
- We ask family and friends not to disrupt the ceremony by taking pictures during the oath.
- No smoking, food or drinks are allowed in the theater.
- Be sure to secure your valuables with guests prior to the ceremony.
- Graduates – more detailed instructions will be provided during rehearsal the week of graduation..
- Questions? Contact: Lynnette Chaparro at: Chaparrol@ufl.edu .