Summer Program: Explore the Health Professions
The Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) is a FREE summer enrichment program focused on improving access to information and resources for college students interested in the health professions.
SHPEP’s goal is to strengthen the academic proficiency and career development of students underrepresented in the health professions and prepare them for a successful application and matriculation to health professions schools.
Click here to learn why you want to visit the UF Health Science Center campus!
The 6-week program will take place on the University of Florida campus, with on-campus room and board. We are very excited about this opportunity and hope that this will be an informative experience for students interested in the Health Science field.
Veterinary Medicine Exposure: May 22, 2017 – June 30, 2017
- Students will rotate through a hands-on veterinary student experience as part of UF SHPEP:
- Meet with the pre-veterinary advisor and learn about applying for veterinary school
- Learn about a variety of veterinary career options, as well as advanced specialty training available in the field
- Tour the veterinary clinical skills and simulation areas and didactic classrooms
- Experience hands on learning experiences delivered within the veterinary curriculum
- Make connections, bond, and network with other SHPEP students
Contact Information and General Questions
|Takeshia Pierre, MPH||Application Information:||Additional Questions:|
|SHPEP Program Coordinator||The National SHPEP Website||Frequently Asked Questions|