The College of Veterinary Medicine’s Education Center (in the area formerly known as the “Reading Room”) serves as a physical venue to support the educational activities within our college. We are located in room V1-110 of the Veterinary Academic Building.
The Education Center represents our college’s commitment to providing our students with an exceptional facility to support instruction, and a recognition of the growing importance in leveraging electronic resources to support our curriculum.
Hours of Operation
Monday 1:30 – 5:30 PM
Wednesday 1:30 – 5:30 PM
Friday 9 – 11 AM
Circulated items (books and journals) may only be checked out during staffed hours. Changes to business hours are sent via UF e-mail to all CVM faculty, staff and students.
Unstaffed hours of operation: the center is open for general study purposes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, excluding UF-observed holidays, and pre-announced brief closing periods. Faculty, staff and students will be informed of scheduled closing via UF e-mail notifications.
Education Center Features
- 24-seat quiet room, with power outlets at each seat
- UF wireless Internet access in all areas
- Standalone computer stations
- Collaborative work computer stations with large displays
- Printer/Copying stations
- Group study rooms with PCs and large screen displays
- Frequently used texts and journals
- Connectivity with HSC Library information systems
The Education Center also houses the College of Veterinary Medicine’s Student Counselor, Dr. Barbara Welsch.
This page was last updated on September 5, 2014