The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine requires that all applicants submit two applications in order to be eligible for admission:
The VMCAS application, and
The UF Vet Med Professional Application (supplemental application)
Links to these applications can be found below. If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact: email@example.com
The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine is a participant in the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS). This centralized application service receives, processes, and forwards applications to the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine for the Admission Committee’s use in selecting candidates each year. This application only needs to be filled out once when applying to any of the VMCAS colleges.
VMCAS will perform Transcript Verification on all submitted applications. We encourage applicants to submit official transcripts to VMCAS as early as possible, preferably at least one month ahead of the deadline in order to allow time for verification.
Transcripts should be mailed to the following VMCAS address:
VMCAS – Transcripts
PO Box 9126
Watertown, MA 02471
- Do not send transcripts directly to the University of Florida CVM unless they are specifically requested. If you send transcripts to UF they will NOT be forwarded to VMCAS.
- The GRE must be taken by August 31, 2015. The UF school code is 5753.
- There is a $30.00 fee to complete the Vet Med Professional Application – DO NOT SEND A CHECK TO THE VET SCHOOL.
The check should be sent to:
University of Florida
Office of Admissions
PO Box 2946
Gainesville, FL 32627-2946
Supplemental materials must be submitted by the deadline for an application to be complete. The following items are required in addition to the two applications. They will either be submitted via the VMCAS application to directly to UF CVM via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diversity Statement (submitted via VMCAS)
- Animal Science and Animal Nutrition completion plan (submitted via VMCAS)
- Inventory of Applicant Pre-Requisite Courses (submitted via email or via VMCAS)
- Professional-looking head shot photograph (i.e. no social media-style photos) (JPG or PNG format) (submitted via email or via VMCAS)
The deadline to submit supplemental documents via email is September 15, 2015. Contact email@example.com if you have questions about the supplemental application.
Summary of Key Dates for 2015-2016 Admissions for the Class of 2020:
VMCAS and UF Professional Application Launch Date: May 13, 2015
UF CVM GRE Deadline: August 31, 2015
VMCAS Transcript Deadline (suggested): September 15, 2015
UF CVM Professional Application Deadline: September 15, 2015
VMCAS Closing Date: September 15, 2015, 12:00 Midnight EST
Fee Reimbursement and Reduction for Low-Income Applicants
Financially-disadvantaged applicants may qualify for VMCAS Application fee reimbursement and reduced GRE fees. These opportunities are subject to availability and issued on a first come, first serve basis. Visit the AAVMC site and ETS site to learn more.