The admissions cycle is currently open!
The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine requires that all applicants submit two applications in order to be eligible for admission:
- The VMCAS application, and
- The UF Vet Med Professional Application (supplemental application)
Links to these applications can be found below. If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine is a participant in the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS).This centralized application service receives, processes, and forwards applications to the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine for the Admission Committee’s use in selecting candidates each year. Applications are typically available in early June via the VMCAS website. Only one application is necessary for applying to any of the VMCAS colleges.
VMCAS will perform Transcript Verification on all submitted applications. We encourage applicants to submit official transcripts to VMCAS as early as possible, preferably at least one month ahead of the deadline in order to allow time for verification.
Transcripts should be mailed to the following VMCAS address:
VMCAS – Transcripts
PO Box 9126
Watertown, MA 02471
- Do not send transcripts directly to the University of Florida CVM unless they are specifically requested. If you send transcripts to UF they will NOT be forwarded to VMCAS.
- The GRE must be taken by September 1, 2014. The UF school code is 5753.
- There is a $30.00 fee to complete the Vet Med Professional Application - DO NOT SEND A CHECK TO THE VET SCHOOL.
The check should be sent to:
University of Florida
Office of Admissions
PO Box 2946
Gainesville, FL 32627-2946
After completing and paying for the Vet Med Professional Application, the following items must be sent via email (email information will be available once you submit your application and given access to our veterinary supplemental page):
- Inventory of Applicant Pre-Requisite Courses
- Diversity Statement
- Applicant Information Sheet
- 2 X 2 Passport-Type, Professional Photograph (JPG or PNG format)
The deadline to submit these three documents is September 1, 2014. Contact email@example.com if you have questions about the supplemental application.
Summary of Key Dates for 2014-2015 Admissions for the Class of 2019:
VMCAS Launch Date: June 5, 2014
UFCVM GRE Deadline: September 1, 2014
VMCAS Transcript Deadline (suggested): September 1, 2014
UFCVM Professional Application: September 1, 2014
VMCAS Closing Date: October 2, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Fee Reimbursement and Reduction for Low-Income Applicants
Financially-disadvantaged applicants may qualify for VMCAS Application fee reimbursement and reduced GRE fees. These opportunities are subject to availability and issued on a first come, first serve basis. Visit the AAVMC site and ETS site to learn more.