The Vet Med Professional Application for the 2013-2014 Cycle is now CLOSED. Please note that the VMCAS portal will open JUNE 5th, 2013.
Thank you for your interest in the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine.
We have a two step application process:
1. Complete the VMCAS Application.
The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine is a participant in the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS). VMCAS is a national program in which a majority of the American veterinary colleges have agreed to participate. This centralized application service receives, processes, and forwards applications to the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine for the Admission Committee’s use in selecting candidates each year. Applications are typically available in early June via the VMCAS website. Only one application is necessary for applying to any of the VMCAS colleges. Beginning with the 2013-2014 application cycle, VMCAS will perform Transcript Verification on all submitted applications. This means that official transcripts should be received by VMCAS by September 1, 2013. Please note the following important dates:
Key Dates for 2013:
VMCAS Launch Date: June 5, 2012
Transcript Deadline: September 1, 2013
VMCAS Closing Date: October 2, 2013
Fall transcript deadline: February 1, 2014
Transcripts should be mailed to the following VMCAS address:
VMCAS – Transcripts
PO Box 9126
Watertown, MA 02471
2. Complete the Vet Med Professional Application.
- Do not send transcripts directly to the University of Florida CVM unless they are specifically requested. If you send transcripts to UF they will NOT be forwarded to VMCAS.
- The GRE must be taken by August 30, 2013. The UF school code is 5753.
- There is a $30.00 fee to complete the Vet Med Professional Application - DO NOT SEND A CHECK TO THE VET SCHOOL.
The check should be sent to:
University of Florida
Office of Admissions
PO Box 2946
Gainesville, FL 32627-2946
After completing and paying for the Vet Med Professional Application, three documents must be downloaded and completed.
- Inventory of Applicant Pre-Requisite Courses
- University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine – Applicant Essay
- Applicant Information Sheet
The deadline to submit these three documents is September 9, 2013. Contact Lynnette Chaparro at email@example.com if you have questions about the supplemental application.
The three completed documents and all transcripts must be mailed to the following address:
Office for Students and Instruction
College of Veterinary Medicine
P. O. Box 100125
Gainesville, FL 32610
Attn: Lynnette Chaparro
Note to current applicants: It may take 7 – 10 business days to update your application once we have received your GRE Scores, or Supplemental Application Materials.