The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine requires that all applicants submit two applications in order to be eligible for admission:
- The VMCAS application, and
- The UF Vet Med Professional Application (supplemental application)
Links to these applications can be found below. If you have any questions regarding your application, please email Lynnette Chaparro at email@example.com.
The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine is a participant in the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS).This centralized application service receives, processes, and forwards applications to the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine for the Admission Committee’s use in selecting candidates each year. Applications are typically available in early June via the VMCAS website. Only one application is necessary for applying to any of the VMCAS colleges.
VMCAS will perform Transcript Verification on all submitted applications. We encourage applicants to submit official transcripts to VMCAS as early as possible, preferably at least one month ahead of the deadline in order to allow time for verification.
Transcripts should be mailed to the following VMCAS address:
VMCAS – Transcripts
PO Box 9126
Watertown, MA 02471
- Do not send transcripts directly to the University of Florida CVM unless they are specifically requested. If you send transcripts to UF they will NOT be forwarded to VMCAS.
- The GRE must be taken by September 1, 2014. The UF school code is 5753.
- There is a $30.00 fee to complete the Vet Med Professional Application - DO NOT SEND A CHECK TO THE VET SCHOOL.
The check should be sent to:
University of Florida
Office of Admissions
PO Box 2946
Gainesville, FL 32627-2946
After completing and paying for the Vet Med Professional Application, three documents must be downloaded and completed.
- Inventory of Applicant Pre-Requisite Courses
- University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine – Applicant Essay
- Applicant Information Sheet
The deadline to submit these three documents is September 1, 2014. Contact Lynnette Chaparro at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the supplemental application.
The three completed documents must be mailed to the following address:
Office for Students and Instruction
College of Veterinary Medicine
P. O. Box 100125
Gainesville, FL 32610
Attn: Lynnette Chaparro
Note to current applicants: It may take 7 – 10 business days to update your application once we have received your GRE Scores, or Supplemental Application Materials.
Summary of Key Dates for 2014-2015 Admissions for the Class of 2019:
VMCAS Launch Date: Week of June 2, 2014
UFCVM GRE Deadline: September 1, 2014
VMCAS Transcript Deadline: TBD; as early as possible
UFCVM Professional Application: September 1, 2014
VMCAS Closing Date: October 2, 2014