Step 1: Review Admissions Criteria
Step 4: Apply to VMCAS
The application system now allows all applicants to submit supplemental materials and additional information directly to VMCAS:
- Every Official College Transcript (including dual enrollment institutions)
- Diversity Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Animal Science and Animal Nutrition Completion Plan
- Prerequisite Inventory Sheet
- Professional, Passport-style Photograph of Yourself (.jpg or .png) EXAMPLE
Note: The three documents above can be combined into one or two PDF documents using Adobe Acrobat or www.SmallPDF.com before submitting to VMCAS.
VMCAS is a centralized application service that students must use to apply to the UF College of Veterinary Medicine and many other veterinary schools nationwide. There is a required base fee of $205. Any additional school is $105.
Financially-disadvantaged applicants may qualify for VMCAS Application fee reimbursement and reduced GRE fees. These opportunities are subject to availability and issued on a first come, first serve basis. Visit the AAVMC site and ETS site to learn more.
Submit a completed supplemental application form to UF College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Be sure to complete the entire supplemental application:
- Be sure to send your official GRE scores by using our GRE Code: 5753U Florida COIG Vet Medcn VMCAS
- Be sure to pay your $30.00 nonrefundable application fee. Checks must be made out to University of Florida, Office of Admissions, PO Box 2946, Gainesville, FL 32627-2946
- If you have any questions contact the Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The supplemental application is required in order for you to be admissible to the University of Florida Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program. Do not send any materials to UF College of Veterinary Medicine except your official GRE Scores. All other materials should be submitted to VMCAS as stated above.
Applicants who currently attend or have been enrolled in another professional veterinary program applying to transfer need to contact Lynnette Chaparro (email@example.com). You are considered a transfer applicant.